Tuesday, September 6, 2011
Pumpkin Lantern from Martha Stewart
I love this idea! It would work for either Halloween or Thanksgiving!
Tools and Materials
1. Using miniature saw, shave pumpkin's bottom to create a flat, stable base if needed.
2. Place hurricane glass over stem, and trace with wax pencil.
3. Using miniature saw, cut a hole in top of pumpkin, following pencil line.
4. Clean the inside of pumpkin with fleshing tool, removing seeds, pulp, and fibers.
5. Place frog inside pumpkin. Insert candle to test height; trim candle base if needed so that the wick is in line with wide portion of hurricane glass.
Secure candle in frog, and slip glass over candle and into pumpkin (make sure it fits snugly inside hole).